No one can build a school alone. We value our community partners and granting agencies and seek to build relationships with new friends. Our students, faculty, and staff come from our local neighborhoods, and we want to give back by revitalizing Historic Downtown Homestead.
Many of our parents are business owners and we like to support them. We maintain a directory of these businesses and hope that when you are looking for a particular service you would choose a local business.
Atala Family-Owned Businesses
- Emerald Tree Farm, Bruce H. Howarth, firstname.lastname@example.org, 786-417-5894
The Atala Foundation, a non-profit corporation, provides financial assistance in the form of scholarships to children attending Atala. Everyday, we teach our children to love and respect the greater community, and we strive to enable our students to discover new solutions to the challenges we all face in a rapidly changing world. Every gift we receive makes a difference to the current and future students of Atala Montessori School. Please visit our Foundation website to learn how you can make a difference: http://atalafoundation.org/.
Atala Foundation Community Partners
- Member, Homestead Main Street, http://www.homesteadmainstreet.org/
- Seminole Theatre, http://www.seminoletheatre.org/
- The Pet Care Trust (received 2011-2018), http://www.petcaretrust.org
- Slow Food Miami (received 2011–2016), http://www.slowfoodmiami.com/home.htm
- College Music Society (received 2011), http://www.music.org/
- The Pet Care Trust (received 2010-2018), http://www.petcaretrust.org
- Kids in Need Foundation (received 2010), http://www.kinf.org/
If you are interested in partnering with us on a project, or if you would like to make a gift to our school, please contact us at email@example.com.
It is with heavy hearts that we announce that one of our owners and teachers, Cheryl Morgan, passed away. Doctors found cancer on her spine in early September and she underwent treatment. She lost her fight on December 8, 2018.