Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Homestead, Florida, Atala Montessori School for Creative Expression offers a Montessori curriculum with a focus on creativity and the arts. Our school serves your children throughout Miami-Dade County, but particularly focus on families in the communities of Homestead, Florida City, and Redland. We are grouped in the following classrooms:
- Toddler (2 classes)—13 months to 3 years
- Preschool 1, Spanish Immersion—3 to 6 years
- Preschool 2—3 to 6 years
- Preschool 3—Bilingual Spanish and English—3 to 6 years
- Lower Elementary—1st through 3rd grade
- Lower Elementary 2—1st through 3rd grade
- Upper Elementary—4th through 5th grade
- Middle School (2 classes)—6th through 8th grade
Students coming from non-Montessori backgrounds are accepted. Prior to acceptance of any new student (K-8) we require a basic academic screening, two years of report cards, and two years of standardized assessments (SATs, FSA, VPK tests, or similar) from the student’s previous school, and samples of current homework. In general we are looking for students who are performing at grade level and have good conduct and effort grades.
To begin the registration process, please first call or email to request a tour of the school and interview (786-738-1210, email@example.com).
Registration forms Our academic fee schedule for 2017–2018 is $5800 for half-day preschool students, $6800 for full-day preschool students, and $7800 for elementary and middle school students. Payments are sent through Smart Tuition and are available for 10- or 12-month payment plans. The 2017-2018 Registration packet and Tuition schedule are listed here. Here is our 17-18 calendar. The 2018-2018 Registration packet will be available in January.
We suggest that all students wear uniform shirts Monday through Thursday. While we recommend a basic khaki uniform pant, they are not required. Preschool and toddler children will be required to keep an extra set of all clothing at school. Our Atala uniform shirts are available in blue, green, white, purple, and pink. Our uniforms may be purchased directly at Creative Threads, 505 Krome Ave., Homestead. Their phone number is 305-246-8688.
Students coming from non-Montessori backgrounds are accepted. We require a basic academic screening and transcripts from the student’s previous school. Tutoring in math and language are offered.
Financial Aid: Atala Montessori is able to offer a wide range of financial packages to our families.
- We are a proud affiliate with the Step-Up for Students program. Step-Up for Students is able to provide financial assistance to those families who qualify. While scholarship awards vary, the program covers tuition for Atala students in kindergarten through middle school. To find out if you qualify please visit http://www.stepupforstudents.org/.
- We are partners with the Early Learning Coalition and have been approved to take School Readiness (formerly CDS) Scholarships for partial reduction in our tuition costs. Please check the Early Learning Coalition website (http://elcmdm.org) for more details on how to enroll.
- Atala is pleased to be able to offer our parents VPK Scholarships, too! To see if your child qualifies or to apply click here: http://www.vpkhelp.org/
- The Atala Foundation (http://atalafoundation.org/) offers small scholarships to children of any age who have already enrolled at Atala Montessori. These scholarships are determined by need and can be used to cover a portion of the annual tuition or other expenses.